We got some insider information from Oracle Product managers on possible features for the next generation of Exadata X4 systems that will be released soon hopefully later in 2013 or 2014. Please note this information may change on actual release from Oracle.
- Oracle X4-2 and X4-8 if Oracle keeps the same name
- Will now support Oracle Virtual Machine – OVM.
- X4-8(4 CPUS only due to NUMA constraints) and X4-2(2 CPUS)
- 10 to 12 cores per CPU still not confirmed
- Up to 1TB of RAM
- Oracle In-Memory DB option for 12c will run on Exadata X4